Mar 29, 2017

Give them power

Power. 
 
My mind is like a steady volley on a sweltering summer day of a tennis court; back and forth without fail between the thoughts, ideas, and feelings that I willingly give power to.  I wake up early in the morning with one thought on my mind, but by the time my feet hit the cold, hardwood floor, mere seconds later, something else entirely has popped into my head.
 
We often give power to those thoughts that take hold of us; thoughts of sadness or jealousy, anger and worry.  Thoughts that, whether we realize it or not, keep us prisoners within our very own bodies, when, ironically, if we are in control of any one thing in particular, it's what we choose to focus on.
 
Therein lies the paradox of life.     
 


What are you giving your mind's power to?  What are you allowing to occupy such a valuable and beautiful space?  Are you being led forward by those thoughts, or are they, in fact, preventing you from taking the next step? 

Philippians 4:8, says ~
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is just, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worth of praise, think about these things.

True.
Noble.
Right.
Just.
Lovely.
Commendable.
Excellence.
Praise.

I don't know about you, but if my mind would begin and end each day with these?

Wow. 

Now that's what I call power.



No comments:

Post a Comment