Feb 1, 2017

Begin

Five things to remember as you begin each day:

1.  You are a child of God.

This one statement, if you allow it, has the power to set you on the right course. Why?  Because it means you are here for a reason, you have been forgiven, and you are loved.  That's worth remembering, wouldn't you say?


2.  Not everything is going to go your way.

We stumble out of bed in the morning with dreams of finding dancing unicorns and pot-of-gold rainbows around every corner and then when we don't, we throw our hands up in the air in utter frustration.  We're impatient when our day goes down the opposite path we expected it to, and as a result of our impatience, our attitude becomes less-than ideal.  Here's the truth: while we can't fully predict how our day is going to turn out, when we do come up against those inevitable roadblocks, taking a nice, relaxing breath can go a long way. And coffee.  Coffee never hurts.


3.  Not everyone you meet will be pleasant.

Maybe it's the cashier at the grocery store who is aloof and unkind, or the person who slams the door instead of holding it open, or the coworker who barely speaks a word of hello or goodbye. Whomever it might be, you will, without a doubt, come up against these people throughout the course of your day.  Our reactions to their actions, however, can mean the difference between good and great. Choose higher ground whenever possible.  You won't regret it.


4.  Say no if you have to.

I am a people-pleaser by nature, so this is difficult for me to do.  But it's something I'm working on for the new year; specifically, saying no and not feeling guilty for doing so.  I have to humbly accept that I am not always the right person for every task, and that, you know what, it is more than ok for me to skip out on an event if I need to, regardless if the reason is simply because I want to hang out with my dog.  Never forget that we first need to fuel ourselves before we can serve others, and saying no is the first step.

5.  Don't forget to laugh.

Not one of my days go by without the sound of laughter, whether it's because of someone else making me laugh, or quite frequently, because I've made myself laugh.  I find the least-funny things, funny.  Basically, in a nutshell, it doesn't take much to amuse me, and I have 598 images pinned on my "Funny" Pinterest board to prove it. Enter exhibit A and B:

Begin your day with these five things in mind, and see if they make a difference. I'm betting they will.






No comments:

Post a Comment